Your home is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make. When purchasing insurance, you need to decide whether the coverages offered under the industry’s standard homeowner policy is sufficient, or if you need broader coverage based on your specific home and situation.
There are lots of questions you need to ask:
- Does my policy provide living expenses if I have to relocate temporarily due to a covered loss such as a house fire? If so, how much?
- Does my policy provide for theft of jewelry, electronic devices and other items? If so, how much?
- Does my policy provide for food spoilage due to a covered loss? If so, how much?
- Does my policy include enhanced sewer back-up coverage?
- Does my policy provide personal property replacement cost coverage (without deduction for depreciation)?
- Do I have any coverage for identity theft?
This is just a small sample of things to consider when looking for a homeowners insurance policy. If you work with our agents here at BRIS in Harrisonburg, you will get help every step of the way. We work with reputable insurance carriers such as ERIE, Loudoun Mutual, and Auto Owners. We will find out what you need and what you can afford. And if you have a claim, we are here for you.